Friday, February 5, 2016

Food for Thought


A friend from college (also a teacher) posted this picture yesterday. It spoke to me. This really is the saying of the year. This is what I remind myself of everyday.

I've said before that this is the most challenging year I have had so far. A lot of it is students, some of it is adults and some of it is paperwork.

At the end of the day, I still love teaching. I come back everyday for a reason and it's not the paycheck. Kids need to feel like school is a safe place, they need to feel cared for. I care, that's why I come back everyday.

I work with some of the most caring adults in the world. We all have our days, but seeing how much the aides and other staff members care is a great feeling. When you are part of a strong team it makes a difference. 

When you can be calm when a child is not makes a world of difference; I know it is hard to do sometimes. After this year, I know how much of a difference being cool and collected can make. 

Patience and practice are nessasities.  

We can not join the choas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment