Sunday, August 9, 2015

Getting Started

This year I have taken on a new challenge.
I'm not going to lie, I am a bit of a geek.
I got more excited to see some of the speakers than I would if I saw a movie star.
I am teaching Special Day Class for the first time.

I love teaching and have been teaching at the elementary level for a few years. I started teaching in Vermont, where schools use an inclusion model. I think this experience is one of the main reasons I took on this challenge.

I had an awesome summer and was able to even spend a week in Las Vegas at the SDE Differentiated Instruction conference. I met amazing ed researchers and got a lot of great advice and ideas.

We are two days in to school now and I know this will be a very different year. I am lucky that I work for a great district and I have a lot of support; I know I am going to need it.

The purpose of this blog is to provide a place for reflection and hopefully collaboration. Advice is always welcome! Any words of wisdom as the year begins?

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment