Friday, December 4, 2015

Sometimes you need to cry

Today was a rough day. It wasn't a behavior day, most of  my students were great. But, it was rough and I broke down. Teachers care about their students. That isn't new.

When you have a student who has a medical condition, you care more. They amaze you with how brave they are. They frighten you when something is wrong and you think about them and their families constantly. I have one of these students this year. A sweet student who  is more brave than I could ever be. Today was a rough day. This student had a rough day at school and then  had to be taken to the hospital. It scared me. I cried and then cried again. I tried to be strong with my other students, but they knew I was worried. One of them cried too.

You get attached to your students, you care about them. It hurts you when they aren't okay.  Sometimes you just need to cry, because there isn't anything else left to do. There isn't anything else you can do.

1 comment: